Saturday, July 4, 2015

Birthday Countdown: Independence Day


Do y'all remember when I did my advent project? Well, it'll be similar here as well... From June 22 to July 22, I will be creating and writing stuff for others. It'll be like a Hobbit Birthday Party! July 3rd, I'll have a special surprise up for my mum and daddy's 16th anniversary and July 4th I plan to post some fireworks with music! Otherwise, I'll be making art and writing poetry/stories until the big finale on my bday! xD Keep an eye out for it, yo!
Copyright © 2015 Mari Fahel McKimzey Several pictures of the fireworks I saw for Independence Day...
The conversation we had on our way back.... which inspired this poem:

Independence From Freedom

Copyright © 2015 Mari Fahel McKimzey

Somehow, someway it is evident
That we have turned freedom into slavery
We say it is us, and that we are independent
Oh America, if only that were true

Oh it is acknowledged nationwide
That God is dead and we are over Him
We shut His Word out and refuse to pray and confide
We, in the American church slip

It's too saddening to laugh about
That we are fading into compromise
It's such a charade that we carry on acting out
It's the curse of the Western world

The evidence speaks so loud and clear
We've chosen independence from freedom
Running away as Jonah did we refuse to hear
God's Voice that is following

No comments:

Post a Comment