Monday, December 22, 2014

Advent of the Promise: Days 17-18

For this Advent season, I will be creating and/or writing Christmas-inspired gifts for my friends until Christmas Day. I'M WAY BEHIND SCHEDULE SO FROM NOW ON I'LL BE POSTING IN PAIR UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

For my friend, Essie!
 
and this poem is for my pal, Chelsea! Get better soon, dude!:

Christmas in a Hospital



Christmas is in five days

But I fear I may not be home for it

The music rings and decor is up

But I’m not there to enjoy it with you

I should rejoice but days are so dark

And my tears pour down to drown me

While still, you are in my heart

And I want to see your face brighten

When you rip open the paper

Beaming with ecstasy and hugging the gift tight

I miss the fun we’d have together

I miss that cute smile of yours

I just want to be there for Christmas

I want to celebrate it with you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment