Saturday, December 13, 2014

Advent of the Promise: Day 14


For this Advent season, I will be creating and/or writing Christmas-inspired gifts for my friends until Christmas Day.
 
This one is dedicated to God...
 
 

A Christmas Prayer


It’s Christmastime again
And I should be glad
Though the Christmas bells ring
I cannot lift my eyes to see
The beauty of the lights on the tree
It just doesn’t feel like any special time
It’s just another day, nearing to my end
So Lord, I only ask this favor of You
To bring joy to my world, and peace in this heart
All I want for Christmas is You
All I long for, this year is for You to
Tenderly break my heart; gather the pieces close
Please hold me to Your heart
I grow weary of crying tears only for myself
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
And bring me back to life, show me again
Why You sent Your Son to be born of Mary
And give me that as a reason to live
This is my Christmas prayer to You, my King
This is the plea I lay at Your feet Lord, just give me You…

No comments:

Post a Comment